On October 22, 2017, the Ladies of Charity (LOC) of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church (OLPH) celebrated the 400th Anniversary of its ministry of serving the less fortunate in the community. OLPH established its LOC association in 1958 under the then Archdiocese of Baltimore. Currently, there are 45 active members with 21 associate members of the OLPH unit serving the community through direct Christian service, prayer, witness and/or financial support. Its oldest founding member, Ms. Lauretta B. Sullivan, is 101 years young. She served as the first OLPH LOC President as well as on the District of Columbia, Archdiocese of Washington and National LCUSA Boards. Currently, the youngest member of the OLPH association, Ms. Jamila Stone at 24 years old serves as the sitting OLPH President.
The members gathered to pray in thanksgiving for the many blessings it has received to enable them to continue to perform the good works of the Ladies of Charity as established 400 years ago by St. Vincent de Paul and St. Louise de Marillac.
Submitted by: Toni K. Gaines