A Year in Review … 2006
Ladies of Charity answer the cry of despair ….
When those left behind on the coast of Louisiana and Alabama cried out for help, the Ladies of Charity reached out to give hope to those lost, to those in need,to the new homeless. To all who cried out . . . the Ladies offered hope.
The Ladies gave financially, they gave items and they gave of themselves.
- Hands-on volunteers worked as case managers, as social workers and as teachers
- Volunteers networked with Catholic Charities and the Daughters of Charity
- Truckloads of items were sent … clothing, food, household items
- Clothing was sent to the coast as well as evacuee areas
- Medical vouchers were sent along with wheelchairs and walkers
- School supplies and books were given
- Financial assistance was sent to those on working on site…
- Daughter of Charities, St. Vincent dePaul Society, Catholic Charities,
- Catholic Relief, Red Cross, Caritas, Little Sisters of the Poor
- Direct support was sent to 11 families in a collaborated effort with Catholic Charities
- Support and hands-on effort with St. Stephens School in New Orleans
- Special needs children of Calcasiew Parish were assisted
If being part of an organization which offers hope to the less fortunate is important to you then perhaps you should consider being part of the Ladies of Charity. We invite you to contact us and we welcome all inquires. If you would like to contribute to our efforts, we, as well as those we share the light of hope with, will be most grateful.