There are two types of membership for Ladies of Charity USA (LCUSA): Association and Individual.
Association membership is affiliation with a local chartered association and the International Association of Charities (AIC). Members serve together (or independently) in a wide range of service activities to support LCUSA’s mission. Please click here for a partial listing of work we are currently undertaking. Members participate in prayer and spiritual activities; attend local association meetings and when possible LCUSA’s national assembly; report service hours to the regional vice-president and submit dues annually (set by each association, but typically $30-$40). Members receive LCUSA’s newsletter (Servicette) quarterly. To find an association near you, click here.
Individual membership accommodates persons who support the mission of LCUSA but have no accessible local association nearby; or who are actively recruiting members in new areas; or whose association has dissolved but wishes to continue affiliation with LCUSA. Membership includes affiliating with an established LCUSA region and registering with the regional vice-president; participating in service and /or prayer and spiritual activities; paying LCUSA’s annual dues; and reporting service and/or prayer hours annually to the regional vice-president by February.
To download an Individual Membership Form, click here.
Benefits of Ladies of Charity USA Membership
- Membership in the International Association of Charities (AIC): an organization founded by St. Vincent de Paul in 1617 and presently a network of over 200,000 women in 54 countries which is the oldest lay organization of women serving persons living in poverty in the Church and the World.
- Linkage with 67 Associations and approximately 6800 Ladies of Charity in the USA.
- Access to daily spiritual reflections and invitations to various opportunities for spiritual growth through the Vincentian Family (list the various organizations included).
- Eligibility for national grants up to $1,000 for direct service and literacy enrichment programs.
- Opportunity for state and federal advocacy for those who are marginalized and underserved.
- Access to scholarships for the National Assembly, which is a gathering that animates the Vincentian Spirit, educates on Catholic Social Teaching and promotes leadership and best practices in Ladies of Charities Associations.
- Voting delegates at the National Assembly and eligibility for nomination to the National Board
- Connection and linkage with the Vincentian Family, Catholic Charities USA, Catholic Relief Services, Catholic Coalition Against Human Trafficking, National Council of Catholic Women and a number of other coalitions of Catholic organizations that serve the poor and vulnerable.
- Capacity building, and much more….
Consider joining LCUSA by contacting our national office at 816-260-3853
or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girls who are interested in the work of the Ladies of Charity may join a Junior Ladies of Charity association. For more information about the Junior Ladies of Charity, please click here.