Mission Statement of the Ladies of Charity USA (LCUSA)
Providing Vincentian Leadership to Women Acting Together Against All Forms of Poverty.
Vision Statement of the Ladies of Charity USA (LCUSA)
LCUSA-AIC provides Vincentian leadership of transformation, assisting persons who are vulnerable to move from marginalization and despair to participation and hope.
- Assist local associations to continue, expand and improve their charitable and spiritual works according to the directives and in the spirit of St. Vincent de Paul, St. Louise de Marillac, and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton through personal service to those in need.
- Adopt the Vincentian model of Systemic Change in implementing projects and encourage collaboration with other members of the Vincentian Family and compatible organizations in developing the projects.
- Advocate the rights of those living in poverty.
- Encourage and aid in communications, to promote and strengthen unity, to share ideas and information among all the associations, and to foster the formation of new associations of Ladies of Charity in collaboration with the other branches of the Vincentian family.
- Foster more vital links with the International Association of Charities (AIC) to profit from the experiences of Ladies of Charity world-wide and to be supportive of sister associations in their efforts to respond to unmet needs.
Motto of the Ladies of Charity
To serve rather than be served in humility, simplicity and charity.